So day 2 came to an end with some teams reinventing their ideas, some teams consolidating on the solutions and others moving ahead with building products. Everybody is excited to see what the status update on day 3 will bring.
Day 2 is also a day of mentors providing input to the teams. Check out our galery below, showing the fun teams had with mentors and our old-school mentor booking facility to see how popular this editions mentors have been.
Great night yesterday at CSE, where pitches were made, votes were casted and teams were formed.
Two inspirational speakers, Thomas Madsen-Mygdal and Ted Zoller have made their stand on the topics of disruption, innovation and finance, leading to over 50% of the crowd pitching their ideas. In the end 9 working teams emerged. Check out their workign titles and summaries below:
Moneydrop: “It just make cents!” Getting value for unused foreing currency.
U O Me!: building a tool for managing group expenses
Man vs. Market: tools for traders
Nemmere NemID: app to digitalize NemID key card
People’s stock exchange: democratizing stock market by empowering individuals
Invest in your community: tools to invest in your local community
Internatioal relations: democratization of opinion sharing across countries
Finanzr.com: social network for borrowing and lending
Graphity: data analytics for Open Link Data
Next step is at noon on Saturday when teams will give updates of what they did over last night and mentors will be introduced.
Few pics from last night:
SW Finance shapes up to be one great value proposition for participants!
We have just confirmed Socialsquare, a leading digital innovation agency, based in Copenhagen. Magnus Christensson, Partner & MD promised to provide the winner of the Startup Weekend Finance with a 3h long product development workshop.
It will take place at Socialsquare’s offices in the heart of Nørrebro in Copenhagen. Thereyou will get a qualified and experienced review of the product and value proposition, which will form a basis for further development and evolvement of the winning business. The process will be focused on a brief review of the social design of the product followed by a social design workshop, in which the product design, its social architecture and flows will be discussed and challenged.
The outcome of the workshop will be a set of recommendations for how the product can be enhanced to ensure user acceptance and possible market adoption.
So don’t waste any more time and sign up here and pitch your idea tonight!
The Global Entrepreneurship Lab is currently in town with alumni from one of the world’s top business schools, the Kenan-Flagler School of Business at UNC – and are immersing themselves in the Danish startup scene.
Leading the way is Ted Zoller, the Director at the Center of Entrepreneurship and exVP of entrepreneurship at the Kauffman Foundation.
We’re proud to announce that Ted will be stopping by on Friday night to hold a thought leader session with our attendees to kick off the event.
Grab your seat here!
See All Articles
- 5:00pm – Registration starts
- 5.30pm – Networking session – half baked
- 6:15pm – Dinner & Networking
- 6:45pm – Welcome
- 7:00pm – Speaker: Thomas Madsen-Mygdal, Podio
- 7:30pm – Pitches Start
- 8:00pm – Attendees vote for the top ideas
- 8:30pm – Top ideas announcement, start forming and discussing ideas with the special guests from GEL, Thiel Foundation and selection of event’s judges.
- 9:00pm – Formalize teams and take an inventory of skills. Be honest, and direct about what resources and skills are needed for the weekend.
- 8:30am – simple breakfast & coffee
- 12:00pm – Lunch and status update and mentors introduction
- 12:30pm – Mentors help teams one-on-one.
- 6:00pm – Speaker: Anders Hvid, Singularity University
- 6:30pm – Dinner
- 7:30pm – Mid weekend check-in, status reports, call for help
- 10:00pm –You may stay and work as late as the venue will allow.
- 8:30am – Simple breakfast & coffee
- 10:00am – Call for help (this is self-motivated, so don’t be shy)
- 12.00pm – Speaker: Ole Kassow, Spiir
- 12:30pm – Lunch
- 3:00pm – Tech check. Start prepping for presentations
- 4:30pm – FINAL PRESENTATIONS
- 6:30pm – Dinner
- 7:30pm – Awards ceremony
- 8:30pm – Wrapup
- 9:00pm – Go home!